Why Buy New
Why a new home could be your perfect next step.
Let us share our favourite perks of a new home.
A new home is a blank canvas for you to start unpacking right away. Picture this, you've already chosen your favourite kitchen and those bathroom tiles which you know will make every morning bright. You don't need to clean anything, no rubbish to stumble across, no last minute trip to buy light bulbs.
Our homes are built to brilliantly high specification. With the latest technology from low energy lighting to eco-friendly heating. Your bills will be lower than an average existing home, with water saving, quality insulation and an electricity smart meter to track your spending.
We work closely with a financial advisor who can offer you support with your questions and help you to look at all the costs involved in purchasing, which you'll need to consider and factor in to your budget. They will also be able to advise you on whether you can qualify for Help to Buy.
Every new home we build comes protected by a 10 year NHBC Buildmark Warranty, so you can rest assured on the small chance anything comes up you'll be protected.
Our extensive handover from our Customer Care Team means you'll know you're in safe hands. You'll be walked through your new home a week before your move in so we can answer any questions you may have and we can talk you through the handover process.
We have created an exciting customer care role to provide a personalised point of contact for all new home buyers. Our Customer Liaison Manager, Nigel Pearson, aims to deliver a consistent, complete package for home buyers leading up to, during and beyond the purchasing process. Read more about the role.
New homes can be an ideal step in the housing ladder as there are extra schemes to help purchasers.
Help to Buy offer an Equity Loan, to help first time buyers borrow an equity loan to cover from 5% and up to 20% of the property purchase price. There's also Shared Ownership homes, where buyers can buy a share of the home and pay rent on the rest.
Tips from the Team
- Have a think about what is really important to you in a home and try and prioritise. Could you live without a south facing garden if you have the bedrooms and downstairs accommodation that you really need?
- Use our team and their knowledge to help you make the process as smooth as possible.
- Ask as many questions as you like – to be sure it is the right home for you.
- Think about your budget. This has to include, conveyancing, searches, removals and potentially storage.
- Look around to find colours and pictures for inspiration. You can bring images to options appointments to see how you can make it match.