Pye Homes respects your privacy and will take all steps to protect the personal information we hold about you.
1.1 We collect information about you (‘your information’):
- Personal information such as your name, address, telephone number, email address and any other information that you provide to us freely when you enquire with us as a home buyer or landowner either in person or online.
- This information is used to administer your enquiry only. You will not receive any marketing emails unless you subscribe to our newsletter. We do not share your information with any third party including Blenheim and Blenheim Palace, excluding Blenheim Estate Homes. Our sales activities will comply with the Fair Processing principle.
- Photographic images and video or drone footage that we collect, which may inadvertently identify you.
- We use Formsite, a third-party form creation tool to collect information for enquiries including property, land and HR applications.
1.2 How do we protect your information?
(a) We know how important it is to protect and manage your personal data.
- Your information is stored on secure servers in the European Economic Area (‘EEA’). Where we transfer and store the information outside the EEA area, we will ensure that appropriate controls are in place to ensure your information is protected.
- We take all the reasonable precautions to keep our network secure by using a well-configured firewall and antivirus software.
1.3 How do we use the information that you provide us with?
(a) We use your Information for the purposes of:
- Contacting you (by email or post) with information about our products and future events and to send regular newsletters. Please note that this will only be done if you have opted in to receive email communication at the point of enquiry or sale. You may notify us at any time if you do not wish to receive these offers by clicking on the ‘UNSUBSCRIBE’ link in those emails, or by contacting us at our address. Please note that it can take up to 72 hours for our systems to update your change in subscription status.
- Personal information will be stored on secure network systems and will be used only for our marketing purposes if consented, and for operational purposes.
- Conducting promotions, competitions or prize draws that you have entered using the website, or via social media. We may also invite you to complete surveys or provide us with feedback. Occasionally a third-party organisation will have access to data to help us analyse information held by us for marketing purposes.
- Making the website available to you by recognising the IP address of your computer and any preferences you may have indicated on earlier visits.
- Monitoring visitor traffic on our website and conducting analysis on the performance of our website so that we can improve the user experience.
- The information you submit within any form is used in relation to the form and we do not use any of this information for marketing purposes unless specified by you.
- We use images and footage of our sites taken by our photographic, video and drone cameras for marketing purposes only (for example, we may use the images or footage for website or television promotions of our sites, or in brochures or other marketing material). This activity is necessary for our legitimate interests (to promote and market our sites and developments).
(b) Our Suppliers
- We hold information about our Suppliers as it is necessary for us to conduct our business activities and purchase supplies. We do not share our suppliers’ information with any third party. Suppliers’ include our contractors and subcontractors.
- We supply trade/business references as part of our new supplier procedure.
(c) Our Job applicants, current and former employees
- When individuals apply to work with us, we will only use the information they supply to us to process their application.
- Once a person has taken up employment with us, we will compile a file relating to their employment. This information will only be used for purposes directly relevant to that person’s employment.
- Our GDPR Data Protection Policy is available to all our current employees via our Employee handbook.
- We operate CCTV at various locations around the office and development sites. This is required for the prevention and detection of crime and for protecting the safety of customers. It will not be used for other purposes. We conduct an annual review of our use of CCTV. The recorded images are programmed to be deleted after a reasonable time.
1.4 How long do we retain your information?
- For a reasonable period, after you have stopped being an active customer. You have options to unsubscribe to our mailing list. After this time, the data we hold will either be suppressed or deleted or retained providing you have asked us to do so.
- If you are a resident or a visitor and we have collected photography images or videography footage (including drone footage) we delete any images or footage that clearly and directly identifies you on review before the footage is put to use.
- For a reasonable period, after you have stopped being an active supplier. After this time, the data will be held securely stored on our networks in accordance with our statutory obligations.
(c) Job applicants, current and former employees
- Personal information about unsuccessful candidates will be held for up to six months after the recruitment exercise has been completed, it will then be destroyed or deleted.
- Once employment has ended, we will retain the file in accordance with our statutory obligations and the information saved on our secured networks.
1.5 Your rights:
(a) Customers, suppliers, employees, ex-employees and job applicants
- Right to be informed - You have the right to ask for information we hold for you. Please request for our Subject Access Procedure and a Subject Access Request form.
- Right to rectification - The data we hold will be corrected when we are notified of any changes or errors.
- Right to be forgotten – In most circumstances, information we hold for you will no longer be processed if requested to do so.
- Right to complain to ICO – Information Commissioners’ Office
We are happy to answer your queries or concerns regarding your data. please contact us at email@example.com
(b) Changes to this policy
- Because we are constantly improving our website there may be developments in how we use your data. We will make sure we comply to the principles of General Data Protection regulation.
- All such developments will be promptly notified to you in this policy. The contents of this notice will be reviewed periodically, and any changes will be posted on this page, therefore you are advised to refer to it from time to time.
- Blenheim entities are registered on the data protection register with ICO.